Take More Photos!

Sculpture: Taken with Iphone 8S, Edited on VSCO

Why Take more photos? Here are a few reasons.

I want to say that the inspiration behind this blog was 1. from my personal experience of being in a creative funk and finding my way back , and 2. A post I came across on instagram that simply read this in scrabble letters. TAKE MORE PHOTOS.
Light Fictures : Taken with Iphone 8S,
Edited on VSCO
     First off, being on social media allows us to see photos of places around the world without needing to leave your home. This is one of the things i love about social media. Allow me to travel through the world from the comfort of  my phone and free, without the hustle of carry ons and uncomfortable plane seats. A photo is seen by  hundreds of people at one time, therefore sharing your photos, what you may think looks bad or people don't like,  for someone somewhere is an escape from they're current reality. Perhaps their in a room with no windows, working their days away, and finding your picture of the Great Smoky Mountains, or the lavender fields Seattle is an escape from their cold bland reality.

Secondly, practice makes perfect. The more photos you take, the more accustomed you get to your camera, and start perfecting your style. If you're a beginner, and are getting used to the setting on your new camera, the more you use it, the easier it will be to get accustomed to the settings, and the  composition. You will catch yourself  looking for the perfect angle  more and  more often, getting frustrated when others get in your shot, and annoyed when you are editing and realize the picture is out of focus. Personally, this has been very frustrating for me. I think Ive got the perfect shot to then find out that it is blury  and  no way of fixing it. It gets better over time. I promise.
Sparkling Wildberry Water: Taken with Iphone 8S
Edited on: Lightroom CC Mobile
     But most importantly , it inspires you to continue taking pictures and seeing things from a different perspective. Since I started witing this blog, I want to take more and more pictures. Wether on my Iphone or on the  Nikon, I find myself craving my next outing to the coffee shop,  the mall, ect. Find the uniqueness in everything you see. Even the things you may think are boring, with a little bit of editing look intresting. The texture, the colors makes the difference between boring, and interesting. At least to me. Your going to want to share your pictures with your frinds  m ore, and not necessarily on social media. It alloows for a topic of new conversation started  between friends, in particular if you share the same passion for photography.  So get up, go  outside and snap some pictures , read a book, go for a  run. Get inspired  in everything you do. You'll begin to see that in doing so, you will begin to feel better. It doesnt needs to be perfect, you just have to start somewhere and move up from there.

Get out there and TAKE MORE PHOTOS, Share with the world your creative side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity in Community

Photographs and Social Media